Christine's Personal Journey with Breast Cancer

I have been diagnosed with Stage II Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (Breast Cancer). My survivorship began on July 18, 2005. The tumor was 1.7cm, ER/PR+, HER2-NEU+. Cancer was present in 3 of 17 lymph nodes. Treatment consists of the following: Lumpectomies, Chemo (AC/T), Herceptin, Radiation & Hormone Therapy (Tamoxifen)

Monday

9th & 10th Chemo: Way of Life

My 9th treatment was on December 8.
My 10th treatment was on December 15.
6 more to go!!!

I think my body has gone thru most of the big changes that chemo can dish out, and I think I got pretty lucky! I do still feel junky for a couple days, but it's tolerable. I don't think I'm going to lose all my brows or lashes and I think my coloring isn't too bad considering I'm overcoming anemia. As mentioned before, a major side effect is the fatigue, which may get worse, but I'm getting used to it, with the help from my beloved heating blanket.

My "premeds" have been reduced enough so I am able to drive myself to & from my treatments, which makes life so much easier!!! Company is still welcome, I'm there generally about 5 hours every Thursday (between blood draw, waiting for results, waiting for my chemo drugs & the actual infusion).

Overall, I think I'm finally adjusting to life during chemo. My reactions and the timings are much more predictable now and the light at the end of the chemo tunnel is getting much brighter!

Merry Christmas!

Love,
~Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home