Christine's Personal Journey with Breast Cancer

I have been diagnosed with Stage II Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (Breast Cancer). My survivorship began on July 18, 2005. The tumor was 1.7cm, ER/PR+, HER2-NEU+. Cancer was present in 3 of 17 lymph nodes. Treatment consists of the following: Lumpectomies, Chemo (AC/T), Herceptin, Radiation & Hormone Therapy (Tamoxifen)

Thursday

4th Chemo: AC Complete!!!

I completed my 4th & final treatment of AC (Adriamycin/Cytoxan) on October 27!

Bounceback this time has been tiring, but not as painful.. My chief complaint is the cough/sinus congestion... still! One of the side effects I wasn't expecting, but is working to my advantange, is losing my taste buds. It is so strange to eat and not taste.. it's taken the fun out of meals and is helping w/weight loss; which in my case, is not a bad thing!

Thank you to everyone who's hanging in there with me.. I really appreciate all the calls & cards (and the extra generosity from my Cisco friends, the gift certificates are WONDERFUL). All your special thoughts are really getting me through this!

Love,
~Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home