Christine's Personal Journey with Breast Cancer

I have been diagnosed with Stage II Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (Breast Cancer). My survivorship began on July 18, 2005. The tumor was 1.7cm, ER/PR+, HER2-NEU+. Cancer was present in 3 of 17 lymph nodes. Treatment consists of the following: Lumpectomies, Chemo (AC/T), Herceptin, Radiation & Hormone Therapy (Tamoxifen)

Monday

1st Chemo: September 15, 2005

I completed the 1st of possibly 16 treatments on Thursday, September 15. We'll know more details about how many/how often further along in the treatment..

I thought the actual treatment went well.. I had a couple issues which kept my RN, Cathy, on her toes grabbing for more meds to combat the reactions, along with Kleenex because I started off pretty emotional... it's hard to write about getting ready for my 1st treatment & the unconditional support I have received especially from Carolyn, through all this.. I'm gettting all mushy & teary eyed thinking about it!

Anyways, here is a pic of me & my first treatment w/Adriamyicin (the chemo is red).. they have to manually inject "push" it into me (other chemos are done via IV drip)..


Here's Carolyn & me... by the day's end, we were both pretty loopy.. especially after we thought I was being psychosomatic (you know that contagious itch?), but in reality it was an allergic reaction.. I didn't think you were supposed to laugh so much during chemo, thank goodness we were about the only ones left in the center!



The days after the treatment were ok.. the first day after treatment was probably the best, I didn't notice any change in my energy level, but the following fews days my energy has been intermittent... I rest a lot during activities. ;)

Thanks again to everyone for all your support!!!

"I can do this!"

~Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home