Christine's Personal Journey with Breast Cancer

I have been diagnosed with Stage II Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (Breast Cancer). My survivorship began on July 18, 2005. The tumor was 1.7cm, ER/PR+, HER2-NEU+. Cancer was present in 3 of 17 lymph nodes. Treatment consists of the following: Lumpectomies, Chemo (AC/T), Herceptin, Radiation & Hormone Therapy (Tamoxifen)

Monday

3rd Chemo & Medi Port: Complete!

I had my Medi Port put in on Oct 11, then completed WITHOUT ANY REACTIONS, my 3rd treatment.. Although unfortunately bouncing back from the chemo is another story!!!

The treatment took a bigger toll on my body and it took me much longer to bounce back this time. I felt the bone pain, body aches, fatigue, appetite loss and more sinus congestion.. all I can say is that it's chemo.. it's not supposed to be fun.

I have 1 more treatment of Adriamycin/Cytoxan, before switching to 12 weekly treatments of Taxol (or a similar drug, depending on reactions) along with Herceptin, which has been in the news lately.

Slowly but surely, I'm getting there.

1 Comments:

At March 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your post I to had breast cancer and nodes removed 3 out of 18 were pos I had poorly invasive ductal car, HER+ I am getting a port on Thursday wish em luck and God be with you Jana J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home