Christine's Personal Journey with Breast Cancer

I have been diagnosed with Stage II Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (Breast Cancer). My survivorship began on July 18, 2005. The tumor was 1.7cm, ER/PR+, HER2-NEU+. Cancer was present in 3 of 17 lymph nodes. Treatment consists of the following: Lumpectomies, Chemo (AC/T), Herceptin, Radiation & Hormone Therapy (Tamoxifen)

Tuesday

6th Chemo: No Prob!

I had my 6th of 16 treatments on November 17 w/no issues!!! I learned that when all goes to plan, I'm done within 5 hours! Thanks again Micky for the ride home!

Bounceback was just ok.. I found out last week that:

1) I had a sinus infection (antibiotics seemed to finally kill all those sinus problems I had been experiencing for the last 2+ months!!! AND, bonus: I got my taste buds back!)

2) I've become anemic, which explains a majority of the fatigue (& I mean, lots of sleep!!!). I received a shot of Procrit which will help slowly build up the red blood cells & if necessary they'll give me a blood transfusion.

I did have some bone/muscle ache in my jaw/pelvic bones/hip & hamstrings from the treatment, but just like Jan (my oncology RN) said, it was less pain than the previous treatment and Tylenol again did the trick.

Here's a pic of my Mom joining me on November 10 (this was the one that went until almost 10pm! Thank goodness she brought goodies!):

My next treatment is scheduled AFTER Thanksgiving, on Friday November 25, so I'll get an extra day to recover & ENJOY!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Love,

~Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home