Christine's Personal Journey with Breast Cancer

I have been diagnosed with Stage II Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (Breast Cancer). My survivorship began on July 18, 2005. The tumor was 1.7cm, ER/PR+, HER2-NEU+. Cancer was present in 3 of 17 lymph nodes. Treatment consists of the following: Lumpectomies, Chemo (AC/T), Herceptin, Radiation & Hormone Therapy (Tamoxifen)

Monday

2nd Chemo & Physical Changes

Well,

I survived my 2nd chemo treatment!!! Literally!

I had more "reactions" to the chemo, including a more serious allergic reaction; the beginning of anaphylactic shock. Honestly, this scared the hell out of me, as well as Carolyn & my nurses. To help with the reactions, I will be receiving a Medi Port to help with access to my vein and lots of drugs prior to the next treatment. The "surgery" is scheduled for next week, just before my 3rd chemo treatment.

So, just shy of 2 weeks after my 1st treatment, my hair began to fall out in significant amounts. So the evening of my 2nd treatment, my brother (with some help) shaved it off. I'll have to confess, my Mom did not drop me on my head when I was an infant and the shape of my head is better than I imagined!

This last weekend, the recovery from the chemo treatment was a little harsher than the first. The anti-nausea meds are working, but are causing other side effects that can be just as annoying, so I'm hoping we can switch the drugs a bit. Thanks to Winnie, Jamie & Carolyn for our little Girl's Nite on Friday & to the Kingsbury's for taking the kids out on Sunday, they loved it, Kris got a break & I got some real rest!



Thanks again to everyone for all your support, as always, I couldn't get through this without all of you!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home