Christine's Personal Journey with Breast Cancer

I have been diagnosed with Stage II Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (Breast Cancer). My survivorship began on July 18, 2005. The tumor was 1.7cm, ER/PR+, HER2-NEU+. Cancer was present in 3 of 17 lymph nodes. Treatment consists of the following: Lumpectomies, Chemo (AC/T), Herceptin, Radiation & Hormone Therapy (Tamoxifen)

Sunday

5th Chemo: 1st Treatment w/Taxol

I had my 1st of 12 Taxol treatments on November 10, without reaction! This is the drug known for reactions, and I got real lucky! The major glitch this time, was the misplacement of my lab tests, so my treatment was delayed several hours while the labs were redrawn.. my Mom & I didn't make it home until 10pm!

Thank you Winnie, for being there with Jacklynn & James, that means so much to all of us!!!

The bounceback, so far, hasn't been too bad.. some soreness & sleepiness, but nothing Tylenol & rest couldn't handle!

Here's a picture from Chemo #4, I had the honor of my Dad's company during my final AC treatment:




This online journal is written specifically with my daughter & niece in mind, so I want to be honest, for their sake. Although I'm doing fine right now, I wanted to mention that these past few weeks haven't been easy. My energy level has been pretty low and the sinus congestion is wearing me down, which makes it hard to keep up with all the important things in life, but I'm learning to accept it & realize this is temporary.. I have a lot to look forward to next year! I've also been fortunate enough to make it into work a few days, which has really helped my sanity, I couldn't ask for better coworkers/friends.

I wanted to say thank you again to everyone who has left messages checking on me.. Can't tell you how good it feels to be cared about, I will always remember this.

5 treatments down, 11 (weekly) to go!!!

Love,

~Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home