Christine's Personal Journey with Breast Cancer

I have been diagnosed with Stage II Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (Breast Cancer). My survivorship began on July 18, 2005. The tumor was 1.7cm, ER/PR+, HER2-NEU+. Cancer was present in 3 of 17 lymph nodes. Treatment consists of the following: Lumpectomies, Chemo (AC/T), Herceptin, Radiation & Hormone Therapy (Tamoxifen)

Monday

Surgery Results: September 12, 2005

I've had some PC problems & unable to update my blog until now.. but I'm back online again!

If you need to reach me, please-please don't hesitate to call me:
Home: 408-262-6885
Cell: 408-806-8464

I'd be happy to send you my home address, just send me an Email: christinelahann@yahoo.com.

So, my results came in... There was no cancer found in either of my breasts!!!
The MRI may have shown swelling from my 1st surgery which caused the concern.

Between my last 2 surgeries, 17 lymph nodes were removed & 3 tested positive for cancer.
Not good, but not as bad as it could have been!

I'm back on track for chemotherapy, which will begin this Thursday, 9/15.
I will have a total of 8 "cycles" of chemo: outpatient, 3-6 hours a session, every other week to every 3rd week depending on recovery.

I was told by my doc not to worry about the flecks found on my lungs, half (if not more) of the general population have flecks which can be caused from colds, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc.. ;)

I found out my car should be ready this Friday or early next week, yay! I've had better rental cars, so I'm super excited to get my Jeep back!!! Here's a pic of the accident scene (that's my Jeep in the middle):



Thank you to all my Cisco friends & coworkers for the visit on 9/6 including dinner & the gift basket & for the flowers I received when I arrived home after the surgery.. It's way more than I could have ever expected! Your thoughtfulness means much to me! Jacklynn & James had a blast, for sure! I would love another visit soon!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home