Christine's Personal Journey with Breast Cancer

I have been diagnosed with Stage II Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (Breast Cancer). My survivorship began on July 18, 2005. The tumor was 1.7cm, ER/PR+, HER2-NEU+. Cancer was present in 3 of 17 lymph nodes. Treatment consists of the following: Lumpectomies, Chemo (AC/T), Herceptin, Radiation & Hormone Therapy (Tamoxifen)

Wednesday

Radiation: 4rd Week

Things are sailing along smoothly!

I have completed 16 treatments and have experienced more itching and redness.. But, so far so good! I have about 18 more to go!

The Tamoxifen seems to be giving me a little more trouble though.. I'm still experiencing stiff joints, hot flashes, and some weird mood stuff: sometimes I feel pretty overwhelmed, which I'm hoping is just the adjustment of going back to work and spending all my lunches at Stanford..
I'm hoping the physical stuff will subside once my body gets used to the Tamoxifen.. I'm just not sure how long that will be!

Overall, life is good.. I still have my moments (which I know is diagnosis related, but also may have a little to do w/my moods), but I know in my heart, everything is going to be O.K.

~Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home