Christine's Personal Journey with Breast Cancer

I have been diagnosed with Stage II Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (Breast Cancer). My survivorship began on July 18, 2005. The tumor was 1.7cm, ER/PR+, HER2-NEU+. Cancer was present in 3 of 17 lymph nodes. Treatment consists of the following: Lumpectomies, Chemo (AC/T), Herceptin, Radiation & Hormone Therapy (Tamoxifen)

Monday

Ready to Begin Radiation

I have completed the appointments to prep me for radiation which included the mold for my back, a CT scan, "blue dot" tattoos, and the plan verification using X-rays w/a simulator.. on Friday, February 17 the therapists did a "dry run" and I'm set to start my daily treatments tomorrow, February 21. The side effects that interested me are fatigue and skin redness (similar to a sunburn) .. I bought the recommended deodorant, aloe vera & prescription cream to help combat any major problems.

Today, February 20, 2006, I returned to work after being out of the office since October 2005. I'm one of the lucky ones who really enjoy working, especially with my current group. So, although I'm leaving the comfort of my couch and company of my kids and husband, I'm very happy to be back. Upon my arrival to my cube, I was greeted with purple streamers & twirly things with a sign saying "welcome back" ..here's a pic:



~Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home